Meet our Pastor of Children & Families Ministries!
Rev. Dan Duncan
The Children and Families Ministry is led by a team of dedicated adults who meet monthly to plan, organize, and be sure each activity is staffed with well-trained and screened volunteers. Ministry activities are evaluated regularly to assure that the mission of the church and of this critical ministry area is lived out. Here at FUMC we are pleased to provide:
- A beautiful space called the Arches on the 2nd floor where children and their families gather each Sunday for fellowship, refreshments, and a brief time of worship before their classes begin.
- A safe and secure nursery available every Sunday during worship and Sunday School.
- Sunday school for children ages 4 years through 6th grade; available from September to May.
- A multi-sensory and imaginative worship experience for children ages 4 years through 2nd grade during the second worship service (September through May), and the 10 a.m. service in the summer. This is called “Godly Play,” and is based on the Montessori approached, through the work of Jerome Berryman. Children leave with Pastor Dan after the “Time for the Child in All of Us” and can be picked up by their parents at the end of worship in Room 200.
- Monthly “Family Fun Nights” generally held on the 3rd Friday of the month September through May—watch for particulars in the Around the Corner E-News or The First Word.
- Vacation Bible School each summer in cooperation with the churches around Bronson Park.
- Music ministries including children’s choir, hand bell choir, and training bells for our youngest ringers; all who lead in worship monthly during the school year.
- A new group for parents of young children called “Family Foundations,” meeting on Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 in Room 304
- Fully screened and well-trained volunteers who support and fulfill the needs of the children’s ministries, as well as a written manual for keeping children safe in the church.
So if you’re a kid, there’s a place for you at First United Methodist Church! If you’re a grown-up and have comments or questions, please contact me. I will be happy to talk with you! You can also email me at email@example.com.