United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is an organization of approximately one million members whose purpose is to foster spiritual growth, develop leaders, and advocate for justice. Members work hard to raise awareness of problems facing women, children, and families with regular rundraisers to raise money for programs and projects in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world. UMW is part of the General Board of Global Ministries.
Kalamazoo First UMC's United Methodist Women General meetings occur in the church parlor four times a year and include a program and lunch. Reservations for the lunch are required. Business meeting begins at 9:30 a.m., programs at 10:45 a.m., followed by lunch in Wesley Hall.
2017 General Meeting & Program
1) Wed., March 1 - Program: Pastoral Care Ministry and Travels by Rev. Keith Treman
2) Wed., June 7 - Program: P.E.T. (Personal Energy Transportation)
3) Wed., Sept. 6 - Program: Returning Citizens by Luke Kriyazznski
4) Wed., Dec. 6 - Program: Latin America by Cindy Thiele
We have four UMW Circle groups that meet in a variety of places and times so that as many women as possible can participate!
1) Anna Circle - meets at the home of hostess on the third Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m. There are no meetings in January and February (Chair: Fay Woolrich, 382-4303)
2) Lydia Circle - meets at Friendship Village on the third Wednesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. (Chair: Ginnie Hessler, 382-3824)
3) Miriam Circle - meets in the parlor at the church on the third Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. (Chair: Harriet Chalker, 375-9884)
4) Ruth Circle - meets in the parlor at the church on the third Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. (Chair: Nina Victor, 330-5524)
All women are invited to join any UMW Circle. For more information on United Methodist Women, please contact Nancy Hilliard at (269) 370-1883.
For complete info on UMW programming at our church, please pick up a copy of the 2017 UMW Directory from the church office. A $2 donation to cover the cost of printing is appreciated.