We are a Reconciling Congregation, welcoming all. First United Methodist Church of Kalamazoo invites all persons to join us on our journey of faith. Jesus Christ calls us to be an inclusive church that exemplifies the kingdom of God. We strive to move toward reconciling relationships with all, affirming those who are marginalized for any reason, including sexual orientation or gender identity. We welcome all with open hearts, open minds, open doors.
The Journey of Faith
- We see following Jesus Christ as a lifelong journey.
- We take the Bible seriously but not literally.
- We welcome honest statements of faith as well as honest doubts.
- We value lives of service to the world as an expression of faith in God.
- We believe we can learn from those who think differently than we do.
- We eagerly watch for the work of the Holy Spirit in the work of justice, in worship, in learning, and in our time spent together.
At First United Methodist Church of Kalamazoo, we experience, celebrate, and share God’s love.
The mission of The United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Braiding Our Stories: Aligning our Values, Vision, Mission, and Generosity
World Communion ~ Shalom
October 01, 2023