First United Methodist Church Encourages Generosity
Our congregation is very generous in their giving of the funds needed to help support the life and ministry of our church. We also support many local and global outreach activities. Whether by our personal involvement of time or our generous financial gifts, many local and global charitable organizations receive support every year.
First United Methodist Church Encourages Stewardship
Stewardship is one of the central disciplines of our spiritual life. As we grow in our faith and trust, we discover that our self-giving – giving of our time, talent, and treasure – is one of the deepest possible joys. As a member of First United Methodist Church of Kalamazoo you vow to serve the Church with your:
Our individual stewardship of God’s resources is an important indicator of whether we have placed God first in our lives. Many people tithe or give well beyond the tithe because of their commitment to a vital ministry in downtown Kalamazoo.
You can make a financial contribution anytime with our online donation option. There are different funds that are available for you to give to which are listed below. You will also have the choice to choose your frequency, start date and what form of payment. You can use a credit or debit card as well as Direct Debit from your checking or savings account.
Fund options include:
- General Fund – This Fund supports the operation of our church and its ministries.
- Building Fund – Forward in Faith Building Campaign
- Special Offering – Throughout the year there are special offerings that help support our local ministries as well as United Methodist ministries, both in the U.S. and abroad. Please note designation in the memo line.
- Youth Fund – We have a vibrant Youth Ministry at First United Methodist Church. Every year a group of our youth goes to the Appalachia to help serve those in need. This helps support that effort as well as other projects throughout the year.
- Memorial Fund – Memorial gifts to the church are given as a way to remember the life and to celebrate the faith of special friends and family who have passed away.
- UWM – United Methodist Women is a community of women whose mission is to support each other, as well as support the local and global mission of the church.
- JFON – Justice For Our Neighbors is housed at First United Methodist Church and is a ministry of hospitality that welcomes immigrants into our communities by providing affordable, high-quality immigration legal services, engaging in advocacy for immigrants' rights, and offering education to communities of faith and the public.
- Other Designated Fund – Can include supporting our Pastor’s Discretionary Fund, Helping Our Neighbors, Food Pantry, Music Ministry, other outreach and justice projects, and a whole lot more. Please note designation in the memo line.